Our temperature sensors for our solar hot water panels failed. This is the first repair we’ve needed to do on our roof and it was quite a puzzle figuring out how to get up there.
Here’s a video showing the process:
Click for video https://vimeo.com/293128386
To install the new thermistors, Tyson
- removed all the old insulation and tape, and disconnected the old thermistors from the wire nuts.
- attached the new thermistors to the the wires running into the house with wire nuts.
- covered over the junction with heat shrink and some electrical tape.
- secured the thermistor to the pipe between the last two panels with zip ties, wires, and aluminum tape.
- wrapped the thermistors and pipe with fiberglass insulation.
- secured everything with more aluminum tape.