Emilie Phillips updated February 21, 2019
Tyson introduced Isaac and I to the glades on Crescent Ridge, maintained by the Granite Alliance. For an adult, one lap makes an easy day. We saw other folks doing four laps.
Isaac and I kept track of everything we had seen or heard on the way up.
- View of the northern presidentials (Mt Adams or Mt Madison)
- Isaac’s camera making bird noises
- Porcupine chew marks on a tree
- Red squirrels chasing each other over a pine cone
- A, very small, moose antler
The snow was good. An inch of large flake powder on top of some older snow. Too bad we didn’t get there until much of it was tracked up. We still found some fresh snow for ourselves. The glades have well spaced birch trees.
The GPS track isn’t showing the correct distance. It should be 3.8 miles.