Emilie Phillips updated February 25, 2010
We woke up to rain this morning. We ranged between apathy and a variety of plans to avoid the rain. We even tried calling people up to get beta on places to go. In the end we decided elevation was the only hope and headed for the Sherburne.
We headed out from Pinkham at noon to light precipitation. By the time we got to the top it was snowing heavily and we had a Sherburne full of fresh heavy powder to ourselves. There were other tracks, but they filled in rapidly. It was a new experience to have to worry about getting my tips to float in the deep snow. That and we had to pole our way along the less steep parts.
As we got farther and farther down, the snow got wetter and thicker until at the bottom we were getting rained on again. The whole drive back was pouring rain and gusty wind. Tony stopped by for wine before dinner. Sounds like VT had slightly better weather.