These are our major, formative trips. You can find all our past trips on the calendar.
Skiing Gorman-Chairback Lodge in the Maine Woods, February 2017
Four night stay at the off-grid AMC Gorman-Chairback lodge. No road access in the winter. We had to ski in.
- Cross country skiing Maine’s 100 mile wilderness
- Gorman lodge comforts and nearby skiing
- That’s not a blue trail
- West Chairback Pond
- Goodbye Maine Woods
January week long cross country ski trip in Yellowstone.
September. 4 days with Emilie’s parents, Kayak camping North Richardson Lake, Maine
Glacier National Park, June 2014
Car camping and day hiking in Glacier National Park. The first time Isaac hiked any distance.
- Scenic Point, Glacier National Park
- Cobalt Lake, Glacier National Park
- St. Mary and Virginia falls: Glacier National Park
- Grinnell Glacier: Glacier National Park
- Rain day, Glacier Park
Bryce and Dixie National Forest, September 2013
Originally planned as Bryce and Zion, a federal government shut down forced us to re-plan and discover other wonders in Utah. Six days day hiking.
Honeymoon in Capitol Reef, September 2011
Four days of backpacking, a day trip up a slot canyon, and a day hiking open desert.
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 1
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 2
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 3 Hall creek narrows
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 4
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 5 slot canyon
- Honeymoon: Capitol Reef UT. Day 6
Kayak Camping Stonington Maine, August 2007
Our first sea kayak camping trip. We had quite the adventure exploring the Maine coast.