One of the best parts of leading ski trips for the New Hampshire AMC is the training they offer to leaders. Here are trip reports from annual training.
Every year we start the season with a Telemark Technique class for any leader who is interested. Almost every year, Jim Tasse has taught it. So it has come to be known as the Tasse Clinic.
- 2020 – no class due to covid
- 2019 – indoor discussions
- 2018 – Shannon Belt helped teach. This write up has Shannon’s lesson progressions
- 2017 photos
- 2016 – detailed write up of teaching techniques
- 2015 – I was still focused on personal improvement
- 2014 – short writeup
- 2013 photos
Cross Country Technique
- Emergency Gear for Backcountry Ski Trips
- Incident Management Practice (2019)
- A backcountry twist on PSIA skiing at Cardigan (2017 Bruce Hennessy taught us general backcountry safety and backcountry ski technique)
- How to stay safe backcountry skiing New Hampshire (2016 – sleds, first aid, pole repair)
- Winter school (2009, old writeup needs improvement)
Wilderness First Aid
They make us take wilderness first aid regularly, but I always get so grossed out that I don’t post about it.